Concept smashing is a creative way to engage your learners in richer discussions, whether in-person or virtually. It reminds me of the ice cream stores that let you mix or smash together different ingredients to create a very indulgent treat!
1. Watch the video above for an explanation or read on below.
2. Create a slide or download mine here.
3. Add your topic or issue to the first puzzle piece. For example, if you are doing a sales session on questioning techniques, your first puzzle piece would say "questioning."
4. Generate two to four concepts that might "smash" or mix with the first. For example, if we smashed "surprise" with "questioning" it might lead to discussion about how to pause before rushing to respond. If we smashed "stickiness" with "questioning" we might consider ways to make our product or service more memorable. If we smashed "compassion" with "questioning" we could discuss how our tone of voice conveys compassion (or lack of.)
5. Animate your slides with interesting effects for greater POW!
Wouldn't it be wonderful if all your in-person and virtual trainings kept participants awake and engaged?
If you're looking for ideas and assistance, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For even more ideas...
Anne Beninghof is passionate about teaching and learning.
var switchTo5x=true; >