Tired of hearing “we can’t” or “it’s impossible”? Sick of low expectations and negative mind sets? This winning strategy is a surefire way to make a strong point while also engaging virtual participants in a multi-modality activity.
1. Think of a word or phrase that you would like participants to remove from their discussion or attitude.
2. Direct everyone to grab a piece of scrap paper or sticky note, while you do the same.
3. Ask everyone to write the word or phrase on their scrap. Show a model in your video feed.
4. Direct all who are able to stand up. Once everyone is ready, ask them to crumple the scrap and toss it into the nearest recycling bin.
5. Facilitate as much follow-up discussion as you’d like.
I love simple ideas! If you do, too, check out my book Caffeinated Training Design or contact me at 720-934-1508 to design an idea-packed session for you and your colleagues. Here is a sample of feedback from my latest ATD session:
For even more ideas...
Anne Beninghof is passionate about teaching and learning.
var switchTo5x=true; >