A few weeks ago I had the privilege to share ideas with over 700 talent development professionals at the ATD International Expo in San Diego. My sessions on Caffeinated Virtual Learning explored 15 different strategies for keeping learners engaged, especially in virtual trainings or webinars..
Here’s one more of my favorites for high engagement, creative thinking and reviewing key content in innovative ways.
1. Show a slide with three different pairs of eyeglasses on it.
2. Ask your learners to choose one of the pairs of glasses by typing their choice into the chat box.
3. Reveal whom the glasses represent*. These might be:
4. Ask participants to chat in what they think their person’s perspective might be on the topic.
5. Comment on some of the ideas to expand the discussion.
Taking another person's perspective can provide deeper insights and more divergent thinking, leading to better outcomes for your company.
BTW, if you missed the conference and think your training department can use some caffeine, give me a call or shoot me an e-mail. I'm glad to help!
For even more ideas...
Anne Beninghof is passionate about teaching and learning.
var switchTo5x=true; >