Last week I had the pleasure of providing several technology-based training sessions in locations around the country. Each location was new for me and included a variety of unattractive challenges – spotty wifi, lack of sound proofing, firewalls, etc.
I am not a digital native, but instead a Boomer for whom technology causes anxiety, unless I remember the 2 most important words: BACKUP PLAN
· my own hotspot in case of firewalls
· a portable IPEVO document camera that can show my iPad
· Reflector and AirServer – two different software programs that reflect my iPad
· screen recordings of various web sites I like to show in case I can’t access the internet
· a complete set of spare cords for all my devices
· AND plans for how to run the class if all the technology has failed.
When I have these backups in place, my anxiety disappears and my classes go well, no matter what happens.
What backup plans do you have?
For even more ideas...
Anne Beninghof is passionate about teaching and learning.
var switchTo5x=true; >